Mental Health in the Community Association Industry
- Fort Lauderdale, FL – Chris Ayoub, the President of RealManage, the 3rd largest condominium and HOA management company in the US, recently sat down with Donna DiMaggio Berger on her Podcast "Take it the Board" to discuss mental health in the community association industry.
Chris serves as President of RealManage, with over 20 years of leadership experience. He joined RealManage in 2014 and has been heavily involved in every aspect of the business, with an emphasis on operations and mergers and acquisitions. Upon graduating from the United States Air Force Academy in 2003, Christopher was named Air Force Cadet of the Year, a national level award among 20,000 candidates. In addition, he is an Iraqi Freedom combat veteran with over 60 combat missions to his name. As a distinguished U.S. veteran, Chris is extremely passionate about mental health and awareness. Chris believes that by removing the stigma around mental health, more people will seek the help necessary to be the best version of themselves and live life to its fullest potential.
“Take it the Board” is also available for subscription on iTunes, Amazon Music, Spotify, or listen through any podcast streaming app.
If you or someone you know have questions about mental health, below are some options for immediate support.
• Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) to reach a 24-hour crisis center available through the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
• Text MHA to 741741 to connect with a trained Crisis Counselor from Crisis Text Line.
• Call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
• If you are in need of support, but not in crisis, consider reaching out to a warmline. Warmlines offer a place to call when you just need to talk to someone. Speaking to someone on these calls is typically free, confidential, and run by people who understand what it’s like to struggle with mental health problems. Find a warmline at mhanational.org/warmlines.
RealManage operating history goes back more than 30 years. The brand and vision we serve today were initially conceived in 2002 and launched in 2004 with our initial acquisition of a highly successful property management company in Austin, Texas. Since then, we have grown rapidly through other select acquisitions and organic growth to rank as one of the nation's top three HOA and condominium management companies. The company specializes in managing homeowner associations, master-planned communities, luxury, and high-rise condominium associations.
In 2015, we launched our specialty luxury lifestyle division called GrandManors. GrandManors provides white-glove service to those communities with extensive amenities and is lifestyle-orientated with multiple on-site staff.