Irish Cream Caramel Milk Chocolate Brownies
If the title didn't already have your mouth watering, wait until you actually taste these decadent and delicious St. Patrick's day inspired treats. Make a batch to share with your neighbors but don't blame us if you eat a few (or all of them) before they ever make it out of the house.
These Irish Cream Caramel Brownies are a rich , fudgy milk chocolate with swirled salted caramel in the batter, a milk chocolate baileys ganache and more of the salted caramel drizzled on top.
For the Milk Chocolate Brownies:
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 ounces milk chocolate, chopped [ Ghirardelli makes a great choice]
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
For the Bailey’s Milk Chocolate Ganache:
- 4.5 ounces milk chocolate
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Bailey’s Irish Cream
Salted Caramel Filling
You can use any salted caramel sauce you like but we loved the recipe from American Heritage Cooking. See their Best Ever Salted Caramel Sauce.
To Make Coffee Milk Chocolate Brownies:
- Preheat oven to 325° and line a 8x8 baking dish with parchment.
- Whisk together in a medium bowl the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
- Place butter and 2 ounces chocolate in a microwave safe, large bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals on high power, stirring after each interval, until chocolate is smooth.
- Add sugar and instant coffee to the melted chocolate mixture, whisking to combine. Add the vanilla and egg, whisking until completely incorporated and smooth.
- Stir the cocoa mixture into the chocolate mixture until just combined. Fold in the remaining chocolate. Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing out the batter to the edges with a spatula.
- Drop dollops of salted caramel into the batter. I did about 16, and then swirl with a bamboo skewer. Mine weren’t pretty but it doesn’t even matter because you are going to smother it in ganache!
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until the top is set. Do not overbake. The caramel will make it very difficult to tell when they are done. I would not suggest baking more than 35 minutes because they might overbake.
- While the brownies bake, make the Bailey’s Milk Chocolate Ganache
To Make the Bailey’s Milk Chocolate Ganache:
- Melt chocolate and heavy cream in a small microwave-safe bowl in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until mixture is smooth. Stir in the Bailey’s and whisk until smooth.
- Try not to eat it all before the brownies are done…
Assembling the Brownies:
- Let brownies cool 10 minutes before pouring ganache over top of brownies. Smooth the ganache to the edges with an offset spatula.
- Let cool completely before cutting. This took me 2 hours in the refrigerator and the middles were still not cooled. They tasted super amazing no matter what temperature.
- Cut into squares and drizzle with the caramel sauce. I spooned some in a ziplock baggie, cut a corner off and then squeezed the caramel out!