Cozy, Delicious and Fun... Hot Chocolate Bombs are The Bomb!
If you haven't gotten to see footage of the delightfully delicious "Hot Chocolate Bomb" you should definitely check out the videos on Youtube or TikTok where the trend really took off. Playing on the fun nature of a Fizzing Bath Bomb, these sweets are sure to please as they melt into your warm milk (or whatever liquid you have handy) and turn it into a decadent and rich hot chocolate. We've compiled a basic recipe for you if you want to try them below but these are fun to experiment with and make it your own.
Some Things You'll Need Before You Start
- Silicone Sphere Mold - You can pick these up at any kitchen store or on Amazon, but ice molds can work just as well if you're unable to find one.
- Parchment Paper & A Lined Baking Tray
- Room in Your Freezer for the Mold
- 8 Ounces of Melting Chocolate
- 3 Tablespoons of Hot Chocolate Mix (You can use any you like)
- 6 Tablespoons of Marshmallow Bits or Colored Sprinkles
Making Your Hot Chocolate Bomb
Melt chocolate in a small, microwave-safe bowl in 15 second increments, stirring in between, until smooth.
Add a heaping tablespoon of melted chocolate into molds. Spread using the back of a teaspoon until each cavity is completely covered.
Invert onto a parchment lined baking sheet and lightly shake. Discard parchment and place mold on baking sheet (chocolate side up).
Freeze 7 minutes.
Remove mold from freezer. White chocolate side down, press gently on the top of each sphere to carefully remove onto your baking sheet.
Fill 3 spheres with a tablespoon of hot chocolate mix and 2 tablespoons marshmallow bits each.
Warm a plate or bowl in the microwave or with boiling water and dry.
Place the bottom of an empty sphere on the plate to lightly melt chocolate. Place melted chocolate edge on filled half to seal. Try to handle chocolate as little as possible. Optional: If needed, use a hot spoon, dipped in boiling water and dried to further seal.
Optional: Decorate hot chocolate bombs using melted chocolate in a piping or sealable bag with the tip clipped and add sprinkles, hot chocolate mix, marshmallow bits or peppermints.
Freeze 5 minutes or refrigerate 30 minutes and store at room temperature until ready to serve.
Serving Your Hot Chocolate Bomb
- To make 1 cup of hot chocolate, place 1 hot chocolate bomb in a mug.
- Pour 1 cup of hot milk over bomb.
- Stir until well incorporated and enjoy!
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Julie Blanner